This morning started by John asking us to condense all the information of the week and come up with some key principles. These are a few the group came up with:
– Go from the Highest- universal perspective
– Listen and Open – let go of some of the paradigms, be open to shifting
– Curve then length ( form then action)
– Polarity vs Duality
– The cure is in the poison when applied in the right amount
– Stability leads to opening ( stabilize the periphery move from the core)
– the governor of the back is the legs
– intentionality is fundamental to change
– Good alignment is good therapy
and my own that I never said out loud, therapy is establishing a new dominant pulsation in the body.
So Ivy came back today. Yesterday she sat with us after she told us her story and she stayed on stage with John as we all prayed and chanted and guess what….. she came back feeling better today and JOHN HADN’T EVEN TOUCHED HER!! By just listening to her story and making her comfortable and giving her hope, she had already started to feel better.
John said that the krama ( order) of therapy -after first principle- is to go from the ground up. John did a lot of root work on the pelvis to make the energy go down ( apana vayu) because after any trauma the body will naturally pull up energetically.
After grounding her a bit then John went through the following~
2) Manual shoulder loop- keeping an eye on the chin level
3) side body long from the back- pulling shoulders onto the back
4) felt the fascia of the head diagnostic
5) neck therapy by one hand on occiput and one on forehead to create a vector by squeezing the two towards each other as she relaxed tongue and jaw and she did shoulder loop for herself
7) kidney loop manual adjustment ( she did shoulder loop and John observed the energy in the head and neck
8 ) Standing forward bend with wide stance. ( Better to repeat than hold) John noticed a slight torque. stabilized her coming up to keep the rooting.
9) Laying supine. Tell them you are going to touch them before you do. John rooted her hips straight down and told us to be aware of when you are over top of someone to be slightly off their midline as being on the midline is too invasive.( *this was a really great point)
10) worked her feet a little to get the energy once again to move down
11) aligned all the body: feet up- femurs rooted and inner spiral, kidney loop, shoulder loop
One of things I noticed that I had not addressed in my own thinking was the trauma and what it did to her energetically. The rooting of the energy downwards in the pelvis and in the feet was really a key point.
We then put everything on the board that we hadn’t yet covered that people had questions about. We grouped them and the started with the most gross ones ( structural things) to the subtle ( auto-immune).
It got a little crazy so I have only a few points on some varied topics. Obviously there are more in depth things you can do but some of these the basic thing to look at.
TMJ- usually flat neck 9 out of 10 times. Balance shoulders and build neck muscles. Don’t be surprised if their mouth guard doesn’t fit.
Sciatica– Rubbing the piriformis dosen’t really work as it is a receptor of tightness in another area. A diagnostic is putting them on their belly and watching to see if the butt lifts up when you fold back the leg. Get the quads stretched out and the psoas flowing downward. Check spine after if no relief because it could be a disc issue. If after all that still pain send for follow up with MD.
Osteoporosis– get the alignment and then the circulation will flow better and the minerals will be in better dynamisim. Moving is better than not moving.
Knee/ACL– “drawer test” as diagnostic. Sitting on the floor get the client to put foot on your foot and keeping the base often tibia back, track foot in a line as you move the leg up and down. Will also help reduce swelling in the knee. If you are getting ACL surgery tell them not to tighten it so much and then work the principles like crazy as the surgeons will tend to over-stabilize after injury.
Migraines- usually related to levator scapula and the rhomboids. Tends to be that the migraine presents more on one side. Often migraines have to do with environmental triggers etc which are out of our control but we can help mitigate with good alignment. Viparita karanai ( legs up the wall) may be used as treatment but it will initially INCREASE the severity of the migraine. After 10 minutes bring them up to sit supported at the wall and as the blood drains down it will often take the migraine down significantly.
Colitis/ Crones- usually have a flat thoracic. get the curves back in the spine and work on getting the energy to flow downward as it is usually stuck or flowing upwards.
MS– Most MS clients have a steady raised heart rate all the time. Use a heart rate monitor for accuracy and do variation exercises to get the pulse up and then go into a deep relaxation and when heart rate goes down for a bit go back to high heart rate activity and repeat. Short burst of activity and relaxation will help reprogram the pulsation of the body.
My mind is now feeling very full. What John has learned over 30 years he passed down in 5 days- it was incredible. I was thinking if I could condense all 5 days of therapy training into one sentence what would it be……
“Honor the Spirit and align the outer form – from that all freedom will flow”
om namah shivaya